Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trailing of the Sheep

For a fascinating real life story of-trailing sheep-go to Promised Land :) Very interesting and informative.


The first half of my life was spent in Idaho as I was born in Twin Falls. When I was around 7 or 8 my dad hauled sheep in a big ole truck through the Hagerman Valley. One summer we-my mom, brother and little bitty me-packed up the car with camping gear and headed to Ketchum to spend time with dad and enjoy a bit of camping. We pitched a tent by a local stream, enjoyed evening time with dad and explored the area until the end of Wagon Days. All in all a very pleasant experience.
The smell of the sheep and the sound of their little bleating hearts will forever remain etched into my memory. As will the memory of the very large and noisy Lewis String Ore Wagons and the Prairie Schooner Wagon-complete with people in costume riding way up high-rolling by during the Wagon Days parade :)
Ah, the memories that come to mind--thanks to the Promised Land blog site :)


May you listen for and follow the whispers and whistles of the Shephard as He directs your paths of righteousness today :)

2 comments:

Allen Shropshire said...

Sharon, Thanks for the kind words. We are from Twin Falls ourselves.
Allen

Sharon said...

You are so very welcome Allen :)
I really enjoyed the article.
Blessings,
Sharon