Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today--March 17, 2009
Outside my window...Large snow blossoms are falling at a quick pace ;) I smile because the Lord is working on my weather attitude :) At least the rain comes in between storms to wash/melt away some of the older blossoms.

I am thinking...Spring is to spring into action on Friday and I am wondering if it is to be a snowy blossoming Spring  ;)

I am thankful for...The ongoing love and tender care of Christ that is lavished on my man and I through the application of the healing balm of His Word. For the ongoing care shown by our brothers and sitters in Christ. Praise God for their love of Christ--it enables them to continue to show their love to us ;)

From the learning rooms...Well we may be beyond the Homeschooling age but the Lord has turned our home into real life learning rooms.

From the kitchen...Dishes await my happy hands :)

I am wearing...comfy cloths :) I am bouncing back and forth between hot and cold today--my glucose is up a bit today and I suppose that is why I am a bouncin'  ;) Must be letting a bit of stress get to me or something because nothing else has changed. I know . . . it is the stress of the falling snow blossoms--LOL :)

I am creating...not much because of an already loaded plate. Prayerfully I will be able to get back to sewing soon ;)

I am going...to spend some time cleaning up around here today :)

I am reading...I am trying to finish a book a sweet sister gave me, "God Has Never Failed Me, But He's Sure Scared Me To Death A Few Times."  The book was written and then given to me for such a time as this :) Thanks Lolanda :)

I am hoping...that we will finally get some results of the tests my man has had to endure of late. We really need them to be in by his Friday check back appointment--doctor leaves for a month on the 26th!

I am hearing...deep sighs from a-very bored with the snow blossoms-wiggle waggle, bubbling fish tank and the almost silent swoosh of the ceiling fan.

Around the house...Things need to be done, the curtains need to be opened so we can watch the falling snow blossoms and I need to do the dishes :)

One of my favorite things...Cooking for my man. He is so easy to please--as long as it is meat and potato's ;) LOL

A few plans for the rest of the week: Wait, wait and more waiting! Wait upon the Lord to reveal His plans regarding the new adventure and for Him to reveal His plans for an older adventure that is still being played out. We are at the "Be still and know that I am God," place :) The safest place to be :)
Waiting, waiting, waiting to hear that lil Samuel has arrived--raising up Rebecca and Tim-Walker family-as we wait ;)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
  
When the snow blossoms start falling it is time to take down the Mountain Banjo--made by a very dear and talented friend ;) I just wish I could play like Mr. Jack :)
To read more Daybooks or to post your own . . . go to The Simple Woman's Daybook :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like how you refer to the snow as blossoms. Sounds so much better than flakes.

Thanks for praying for us. We are so ready to hold Samuel. I am trying to cherish my last moments of pregnancy, but really all I want to do is hold him.

We continue to lift you and George up to our Heavenly Father. He is GOOD!!!

Sharon said...

I bet that you are ready to hold Samuel--me too :)

Yes in deed our Father is good--all the time ;)

Thank you so much for the prayers :)

When will your visitors arrive?

Love you,
Sharon

Heath Clan said...

Rebecca, you selfish thing-you ARE the only one that gets to hold Baby Sam right now! Hurry up so the rest of us can hold him too:)

Any time now, he can't stay in there forever.

Love to you and yours Sharon.

Sharon said...

Kendra,
Sure must seem like forever by know!
Thanks for the love :) Right back at you and yours :)

Rebecca,
Love your post for today--the 12 yr old's speach on abortion.